Show the World That You Deliver Excellent Spiritual Care
The Excellence in Spiritual Care Award from HealthCare Chaplaincy NetworkTM is a prestigious recognition of excellence in spiritual care in your organization
The Excellence in Spiritual Care Award program:
- Sends the message that your organization is committed to identifying and optimally addressing your patients’ spiritual and religious needs
- Identifies areas in your spiritual care program in need of improvement—and provides consultation to achieve goals
- Assists in more fully integrating chaplaincy services into your overall health care delivery
- Helps your organization meet the Joint Commission’s standards for spiritual care
- Increases the visibility of your spiritual care program within your organization and community
- Validates the excellence of spiritual care delivery within your organization by a leader in spiritual care
The award signifies that your organization is committed to addressing your patients’ spiritual and religious needs through the best practices in spiritual care.
By applying for the award you’ll undergo a thorough process of determining if you currently provide excellent spiritual care based on HCCN’s Standards of Excellence.
Our goal is to advance your spiritual care delivery and enable you to meet these standards for excellence.
To qualify for the award your organization must undergo a three-step process.
HCCN will provide you with a self-assessment tool to help determine your organization’s strengths and weaknesses as they relate to HCCN’s Standards of Excellence in Spiritual Care.
Once you’ve completed the self-assessment, then HCCN will:
Review the self-assessment with you to strategize how you can qualify to meet the Standards of Excellence in Spiritual Care, determining a course of action for building your strengths and improving the areas of weakness in spiritual care, providing up to three hours of consultation.
After your organization has been assessed and/or implemented strategies for improving your spiritual care program, HCCN will determine if you qualify to receive the Excellence in Spiritual Care Award.
HCCN has identified 17 proprietary Standards of Excellence in Spiritual Care. To receive the award your organization must meet at least 9 of the 17 standards.
The standards of excellence include:
- employing an interdisciplinary approach to spiritual care
- engaging in quality improvement projects
- the strategic deployment of chaplaincy care resources
HCCN will work closely with you so that you successfully meet the standards.
This program will:
- validate the excellence of spiritual care delivery within your organization by a leader in spiritual care
- help insure your compliance with the Joint Commission’s standards as they relate to spiritual care
- identify areas in your spiritual care program in need of
improve the quality of your spiritual care program
- increase the visibility of your spiritual care program within your organization and community
- integrate chaplaincy services more fully into the overall delivery of health care in your organization
Your organization will:
- receive the Excellence in Spiritual Care Award to be proudly displayed in your institution
- receive the Excellence in Spiritual Care Award marketing materials
- be listed on the HealthCare Chaplaincy Network’s website
- be recognized at HCCN’s annual conference
- receive a press release template to promote your organization’s achievement
Rev. Brian Hughes, BCC
First awarded in June 2015
A distinguished member through May 2020
Hospital For Special Surgery
535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021
Award Presented January 2016
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065
Award Presented December 2018
Trezevant Episcopal Retirement Community
177 North Highland Street, Memphis, TN 38111-4747